This XC/Trail tour it´s perfect for those trail riders that likes rocky trails with some short steep uphills in between, making it a bit technical but still accessible for the “Sunday Rider” that´s really motivated to practice it´s technical skills
This tour starts in “Paul da Serra”, Madeira´s 1500m high plateau. Already the bus drive here offers spectacular views over the mountains and most of the times the clouds stay bellow us! Away from the city life, surrounded by windmills and amazing views over the north valleys. A long ride in fantastic rocky but not steep single-trails will take us to the western part of this plateau. Later we have the opportunity to visit the “Fanal” area, famous for its amazing endemic trees surrounded by peaceful grazing cows. Moment later and after the guide suggestion based on riders skills we have the possibility to ride in some forest single trails our continuo on the road and dirt roads until we finish in “Ribeira da Janela”, a beautiful descent with amazing views over the imposing North Coast! And don´t forget your swimwear.
Mountain bikers with good off-road riding skills and fitness. Suitable for Trail/AM Bikes.
Plateau trails are covered with volcanic rocks and gravel making this mix of short climbs and decent a bit more challenging. Later some tricky downhill “single-track” sections with obstacles of root and rock require a good body position and brake control, but with the guide suggestion based on riders skills we can adjust the tour.
- High quality Full Suspension Bike: Cannondale RZ120.
- However, for the best and smoothest experience on this tour we do recommend an upgrade of 10 euros to our latest Radon AM bike Radon FS slide 150 9.0 2016 model.
- Helmet, Guide and Transport for all Bike Tours, Insurance and Licenses.
- We require a minimum of 4 persons for this tour (only 1 person booking, please contact us and we will find the best solution for you).
- You must know how to ride a bike and have the adequate physical and technical level required for this tour, as described.